Wednesday, February 27, 2013

MUSEUM ASSEMBLAGE

I've had family staying with me for the past week - a legitimate excuse not to have kept to my 5-day rule - but here I am again, continuing with the theme of constructions.

I have a stock of small objects accumulated for this purpose, amongst which are plastic football players in various positions. This scene was particularly enjoyable to assemble: on the back wall of the box I pasted the only proof of an etching I'd done some time ago, brought in the stag, put him on a plinth to act like an ironic modern sculpture, added the bemused spectator in shorts and, presto! A mini-play inside a Museum of Modern Art. 

 
MORE

11 comments:

Dick said...

Now, here's a piece of art that Reuben would love! If a football player, plastic or otherwise, is part of the action then this would constitute art with a purpose! And I just love assemblages in boxes. So, sold to the Jones family!

Natalie d'Arbeloff said...

Thanks Dick, this footie player would be happy in the Jones home.

addon said...

Framed! The little guy is doing a double take like I do sometimes (more often as the years roll by ... !).

This reminds me of a little puppet theatre my brother-in-law entertained us with in his home town of Bratislava way back in 1970.

Natalie d'Arbeloff said...

Adam, I loved the way the goalie's stance is exactly like a double take and how it fits so well in that setting. It's almost like creating a play and I also love puppet theatres. How lucky you were to be so imaginatively entertained!

Anonymous said...

Match of the Day.Score Natalie 5 -,World 1.Referee:Stag.Good Luck!Christy

Natalie d'Arbeloff said...

Christy! What a nice surprise! Many thanks for saying I'm a winner. I'll keep that in mind from now on.

Hattie said...

That is so much fun!!!

Natalie d'Arbeloff said...

Thanks Hattie, fun is what these boxes are all about. More coming shortly.

Anonymous said...

Delightful, the footy player's stance perfectly expresses how I feel sometimes when I go look at art, very WHAT THE....? Great stuff, I love these little worlds

Lucy said...

These are so delightful, I just love the little creases in his shorts. You're right, playful making like this is such a good thing, I am inspired!

Got you on the blog-roll at last, sorry it took so long...

Natalie d'Arbeloff said...

Thanks Lucy, will post some more of the playful things today.
Glad to be blogrolled by you!