Saturday, April 09, 2016

ANOTHER POST POST SCRIPTUM

Bad idea to start looking through old photos when you should be doing something else but it's a great distraction. One thing links to another in a satisfying manner.

For instance this photo, from the same period as the ones in the last post - perhaps even taken by Gerardo Guerrieri (he was always observing, photographing and/or recording everything). I don't remember what I was painting when this picture was taken but it must have been a portrait, judging by the gaze focused on someone....maybe my sister?

9 comments:

Catalyst said...

What a gamin!

Natalie d'Arbeloff said...

Yes, gamine is what I was then! I'm still the same height (4'11") but the face....well. time's gotta do what time's gotta do. Can't really complain though, time's been quite kind to me.

Sophie said...

I like the dynamic of your photo. This sincere concentrated look keeps my attention for a long time.

Natalie d'Arbeloff said...

Sophie, your attention is much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

What a good photo. If I had one of me doing what I do as good as that I'd use it when I needed one.

Time's been quite kind to me, too. (Actually, when I see photos of my younger self, I sometimes think it's done me a favour!)

Natalie d'Arbeloff said...

Dominic, it is rare indeed to have good snaps of one's self doing what one does! I was very lucky to have some close friends or relatives who had a great eye an (as now) worry about being in a good light or the angle that doesn't magnify all the flaws. However, I can't complain really - the genes are in my favour!

Hattie said...

That photo of you as a young painter fascinates me. I keep looking and looking at it.

Natalie d'Arbeloff said...

Hattie, I'm very fond of that photo too and the time and place (Paraguay) where it was taken features prominently in my memory as well. I wrote about it in my online on-going autobio which I think you've already seen. If not, it starts at the link in the right-hand sidebar (Autobiography in progress).

Anonymous said...

Gosh, what a beautiful photo Natalie, just stunning :-)